Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quickie

Just a note to say I'm still alive....although this blog doesn't seem so, wot? :-P

I'll see about a post detailing Grandma and Grandpa's visit earlier this month...if anyone cares to read about it. We had a good time overall, and I have lots of loverly pix waiting to be uploaded from my camera. Like the ones from our cruise. ;-) >TeaseTease<

Oh, and another interesting (maybe) bit of news: I am now a volunteer at the local Hospice thrift store. First day was this past Monday.
I haven't seen so much stuff to be sorted since we helped Patty clean out her storage unit last year....
Anyhoo, it's quite a different experience for me, but a pleasant one. The manager and (most) other workers are friendly and cheerful, and by God's grace I caught on fairly quickly where to put all those donations. At present I only work from 10 to 1 on Mondays, but I may opt for more hours as I get used to the system.

I'll be taking a hiatus from sewing and blogging until September or October, as there are several things that need doing around the house/yard before Winter sets in. Which the family need my help with. After that, Lord willing, I should have more to post about (*coughcoughProgressOnProjectscough*), which hopefully will make this blog more interesting.

L8r, folks!
God bless,
~"Tom"~

4 comments:

  1. That reminds me, I have all of those pictures on my hard drive. I can but 'em on a flash drive and sneaker-less-net them over to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's alive!!! =D

    My blog has been pretty much deserted over the summer, too. There's so much to do while the weather is nice!

    Blessings,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be exciting to volunteer at the local Hospice! I completely understand about the summer-blogging-hectic-MIA thing;)

    Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ~Kellie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you all for your comments!

    Peter--Thanks, Bro. That would be great.

    Natasha--Oh, yes!

    Kellie--It's a good experience, and it helps that I love thrift shops, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment—I LOVE comments!—so long as it is God-honoring, clean, kind and coherent. Anything obscene, profane, mean-spirited or unintelligible will be deleted. As webmistress, that's my right.

...But I trust I sha'n't have to use it. ;-)